|« The San Diego Recruit List||Star Track: B.W. Webb of W&M »|
Elon Nearing Start of Spring Practice Dates
The Elon Phoenix football squad will get its 2010 spring practice session underway at Hunt and Tucker practice fields at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 29. The 15-practice spring workouts will conclude with the annual Spring Game in Rhodes Stadium at 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 24.
“We have had a productive off season and I am excited to see how it translates once we get back out on the practice field,” stated head coach Pete Lembo. “Every team is different and each year presents its own unique set of challenges. We have a great group of kids and they are anxious to get to work.”
All practice sessions (see the full schedule below) are open to the public. All dates, times and locations are subject to change due to weather conditions.
The Phoenix returns six defensive starters and seven starters on the offensive side of the ball.
“I am intrigued to see how some of our younger players fit into the mix,” added Lembo. “We have some quality back-ups and guys who red-shirted last fall who will need to step up. The handful of seniors we lost to graduation started a total of over 300 games for us. It should be an interesting spring.”
Elon is coming off of a 9-3 record and its first-ever appearance in the FCS Playoffs. The Phoenix, which finished second in the Southern Conference with a 7-1 league ledger, finished the 2009 campaign ranked ninth nationally by The Sports Network and 10th in the FCS Coaches poll. During the year, Elon also knocked off Furman in Greenville, S.C. for the first time since 1999. It was just the fifth home defeat for the Paladins since the start of the 2004 season.
2010 Elon Phoenix Spring Football Practice Schedule
• Monday, March 29 – 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, March 31 – 4 p.m.
• Friday, April 2 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday, April 3 – 9:45 a.m.
• Monday, April 5 – 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 7 – 4 p.m.
• Friday, April 9 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday, April 10 – 9:45 a.m.
• Monday, April 12 – 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 14 – 4 p.m.
• Friday, April 16 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday, April 17 – 9:45 a.m.
• Monday, April 19 – 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 21 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday, April 24 – 6 p.m. SPRING GAME (Rhodes Stadium)
* All practices are scheduled to be conducted on the Hunt and Tucker practice fields with the exception of the Spring Game.
By Elon University Media Relations